|This article is a stub. You can help Hades Wiki by .|
Boons are upgrades given by the gods to help Zagreus in his attempts to escape the underworld. They can be obtained as rewards for clearing a room marked with the respective god's symbol or purchased for 150 from Charon's shop (as of the update from January 29th. Before it was 200.). Boons only last for the duration of a run; they will disappear should Zagreus die and be sent back to the House of Hades.
Gods[edit | edit source]
Equipping a keepsake given by one of the gods (except Hermes or Chaos) ensures that, the next time a boon is offered, it will be from that specific god. It does not guarantee that the very next reward will be a god boon - only that, the first time one appears, it will be from that god. Chaos and Hermes boons can appear before any other god boon regardless of the keepsake you are using.
- Aphrodite gives boons that inflict Weak and Charmed on opponents, as well as improve survivability.
- Ares gives boons that inflict Doom, create Blade Rifts, or increase the damage of your attacks.
- Artemis gives boons that grant Critical hits and improve Cast abilities.
- Athena gives boons that allow abilities to Deflect projectiles and improve various defensive options.
- Chaos gives boons that grant a variety of bonuses after inflicting a debuff for several encounters.
- Demeter gives boons that add Chill to abilities, improve healing, and various debuffs.
- Dionysus gives boons that inflict Hangover, create Festive Fog, and improve survivability.
- Hermes gives boons that increase your mobility, attack speed, evasion, dash capabilities and cast recovery.
- Poseidon gives boons that add Knockback to abilities and improve room rewards.
- Zeus gives boons that add chain lightning to abilities, or cause lightning to strike nearby enemies.
More information on specific boons from each god can be found on their respective pages.
Slots[edit | edit source]
Zagreus' Attack, Special, Cast, Dash, and Call abilities cannot be affected by multiple gods at the same time. For example, you cannot have both Crush Shot from Aphrodite and Trippy Shot from Dionysus. However, gods may sometimes offer to exchange one Boon for another. In the above example Dionysus could offer to exchange your Crush Shot for Trippy Shot. Exchanges increase the level and rarity of the boon by one stage, with Epic boons becoming Heroic when traded. Zagreus does not have a limit on how many other boons he can have at one time.
Rarity[edit | edit source]
There are four 'standard' rarities of boon available, each more powerful than the last:
Boons that are rewarded from Erebus encounters, mini-boss encounters (both types are denoted with a small skull on the chamber preview) or bought at a higher price from Charon in the Temple of Styx are more likely to have higher rarities.
Requirements[edit | edit source]
Some boons are only offered if they augment the effects of existing boons. For instance, Aphrodite may offer bonus damage against enemies afflicted with Weak if Zagreus already has the ability to afflict Weak through another Aphrodite boon.
Duo Boons combine the powers of a pair of gods and require Zagreus to fulfill requirements by possessing certain boons from both gods. They can be received from either god, and trigger dialogue between the pair when obtained.
Each god has a single Legendary boon which is only offered if Zagreus already possesses the required specific boon(s) from that god.
Trial of the Gods[edit | edit source]
In a room of Trial of the Gods, Duo Boons which pair with the other god are not offered, although they may offer to exchange already obtained boons from the other god.