As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
|This article is a stub. You can help Hades Wiki by .|
Boons are upgrades given by the gods to help Zagreus in his attempts to escape the underworld. They can be obtained as rewards for clearing a room marked with the respective god's symbol or purchased for 150 from Charon's shop (as of the update from January 29th. Before it was 200.). Boons only last for the duration of a run; they will disappear should Zagreus die and be sent back to the House of Hades.
Gods[edit | edit source]
- Aphrodite gives boons that inflict Weak and Charmed on opponents, as well as improve survivability.
- Ares gives boons that inflict Doom, create Blade Rifts, or increase the damage of your attacks.
- Artemis gives boons that grant Critical hits and improve Cast abilities.
- Athena gives boons that allow abilities to Deflect projectiles and improve various defensive options.
- Chaos gives boons that grant a variety of bonuses after inflicting a debuff for several encounters.
- Demeter gives boons that add Chill to abilities, improve healing, and various debuffs.
- Dionysus gives boons that inflict Hangover, create Festive Fog, and improve survivability.
- Hermes gives boons that increase your mobility, attack speed, evasion, dash capabilities and cast recovery.
- Poseidon gives boons that add Knockback to abilities and improve room rewards.
- Zeus gives boons that add chain lightning to abilities, or cause lightning to strike nearby enemies.
More information on specific boons from each god can be found on their respective pages.
Equipping a keepsake given by one of the gods (except Hermes or Chaos) ensures that the next time a boon is offered, it will be from that specific god. It does not guarantee that the very next reward will be a god boon - only that, the first time one appears, it will be from that god. Chaos and Hermes boons can appear before any other god boon regardless of the keepsake you are using.
Slots[edit | edit source]
Zagreus' Attack, Special, Cast, Dash, and Call abilities have one boon slot, and cannot hold multiple ability boons.
For example, you cannot have both Aphrodite's cast boon Crush Shot and Dionysus's cast boon Trippy Shot. However, a god may offer to replace another god's ability slot Boon with their own. Exchanges increase the level and rarity of the boon by one stage. In the above example, Dionysus may offer to replace your Epic Crush Shot (Level 2) with Heroic Trippy Shot (Level 3).
There is no other limits to how many other boons Zagreus can have.
Standard Boons[edit | edit source]
There are four 'standard' rarities of boon available, each more powerful than the last:
Boons that are rewarded from Erebus encounters, mini-boss encounters (both types are denoted with a small skull on the chamber preview) or bought at a higher price from Charon in the Temple of Styx are more likely to have higher rarities.
Special Boons[edit | edit source]
There are four types of special boons that are only offered after meeting certain requirements:
Special boon requirements include clearing a curse or acquiring specific standard boons. Special boons cannot be upgraded with Pom of Power.
- Duo Boons combine the powers of a pair of gods, and require Zagreus posses certain boons from both gods. They can be offered by either god, and trigger dialogue between the pair when obtained.
- Legendary Boons are top-tier blessings offering unique skills, and require Zagreus posses certain boons from one god. Each god has at least one.
- Chaos Boons require the player enter a Chaos Gate and overcome a curse before the boon activates. Unlike other boons, Chaos blessings can be taken more than once in a run, and effects stack. Chaos boons cannot be sold.
- Bouldy Boons require the player to converse with Sisyphus a number of times until he can 'speak' with Bouldy and gift him Nectar. Bouldy boons cannot be sold.
Trial of the Gods[edit | edit source]
In a room of Trial of the Gods, Duo Boons which pair with the other god are not offered, although they may offer to exchange already obtained boons from the other god.