|This article is a stub. You can help Hades Wiki by .|
Health is Zagreus's Life Total. By default, he has 50 . If it reaches 0, he will die and revive in the House of Hades. You start each run with full health, and it is reduced by being hit by enemy attacks or traps, triggering relevant Chaos curses, entering a Chaos Gate or inflicting self-damage with the Adamant Rail's Hazard Bomb upgrade.
When unlocked from the Mirror of Night, Zagreus can get Death Defiances. Instead of dying after receiving lethal damage which reduces his health to 0, Zagreus instead loses one Death Defiance charge, briefly becomes invulnerable, and restores 50% for a second chance.
Increasing Max Health[edit | edit source]
- Centaur Heart is an artifact that will increase your current and max health by 25 for the run.
- Old Spiked Collar is a keepsake that can be equipped to increase your max health by 25, 38, or 50.
- Darkness can increase your current and maximum health by 5 for the run after being upgraded by the House Contractor.
- Aphrodite's boon Life Affirmation enhances chamber rewards.
- Dionysus's boon Premium Vintage lets Nectar pickups increase your max health when they are obtained in that run.
- Chaos's blessing Soul adds some amount to your max health for that run.
- Thick Skin upgrades from the Mirror of Night adds +5 max health per rank permanently as long as Darkness is invested in the upgrade, up to a maximum of +50.
Regaining health[edit | edit source]
- Charon will sometimes sell food that will restore a portion of your health.
- Well of Charon will sometimes sell Life Essence (which will restore a varying amount of health); Eye of Lamia (which gives slain foes 15% chance to drop healing food); or HydraLite (which lets you restore 10% of health when entering a chamber, for 3 times)
- After vanquishing the boss of each biome (except for the Temple of Styx), the next chamber has a Healing Fountain that restores a portion of health.
- In the Temple of Styx, the chamber with the Satyr Sack will have no encounters, the room reward and a Healing Fountain.
- After being unlocked from the House Contractor, you have a chance to enter a Fountain Chamber in the first three biomes, which have no encounters, the room reward, and a Healing Fountain.
- Chthonic Vitality upgrade from the Mirror of Night lets you restore 1 per rank when entering a chamber.
- Dark Regeneration upgrade restores by 40% of any you collect, per rank.
- Sisyphus will offer to restore a portion of your health as one of his options.
- Patroclus will offer HydraLite Gold as one of his options, which restores 30% of your health when entering a chamber, for 5 times.
- Harpy Feather Duster, a keepsake from Dusa, grants a 2, 3 or 4% chance that destroyed urns will contain healing food.
- Dionysus's boon After Party restores health to a certain threshold, if your health is low after an encounter.
- Hermes's boon Quick Recovery lets you recover some % of health lost after taking damage, by Dashing right after that
- Demeter's boon Nourished Soul restores a portion of health and increases the potency of any further health restorations in the run.
- Poseidon's boon Sunken Treasure drops some healing food items. This boon can be obtained multiple times in a run.
- Using Companion Shady will drop some healing food items.
- Some Weapon Aspects and Deadalus Upgrades give Life-stealing abilities to weapons but come with penalties to health
Penalties to Health[edit | edit source]
- Chaos's curse Atrophic reduces Life Total by some amount for a few encounters, after which it turns into a Chaos blessing.
- The Pact Lasting Consequences makes any source of health restoration less effective by 25/50/75/100% when it is active.
- A Deadalus upgrade for the Stygian Blade, Cursed Slash, lets Attack that hit enemies restore 2 health, but you have -60% Max Health (also applies to any increases to max health in that run)
- The Aspect of Guan Yu for the Eternal Spear has a Life-stealing Spin Attack, but max health and healing are reduced (also applies to any increases to max health in that run)