Intro Segments[edit source]
Does anyone know if there is any gameplay effect to the short intros that will occasionally trigger prior to starting a run? After exiting the training room with Skelly, an image of Hades will appear where he offers a brief yet ominous quip regarding a word emblazoned on the screen. For example, he'll say something about how, in his kingdom, people find their place or they are put in it, with the word PLACE plastered across the image. I'd imagine they have some sort of impact on gameplay, similar to the curses in Binding of Isaac, but I haven't been able to notice any change in mechanics. -D 220.127.116.11 17:30, 25 February 2019 (UTC)
- I've only ever gotten Hades and FAMILY. They're probably just random flavor, and I doubt they have an effect on gameplay, but I don't know that they don't.
--Mr Pie 5 (talk) 20:06, 25 February 2019 (UTC)
- Those are called "remembrances" - they're Zagreus's memories of things Hades has said to him in the past. They have absolutely no effect on gameplay and they're just there to provide some backstory flavor. I might make a page on them at some point, but I will not be uploading the text for them, just explaining what they are. Sparrow (talk) 21:06, 25 February 2019 (UTC)
Navigation of the wiki would be greatly improved if links were created on the sidebar for the most frequently visited pages. I suggest ordering the links with the most frequently visited pages at the top (with some logical grouping) rather than alphabetically to make it easy to quickly jump to important pages (as an example, see the Dead Cells wiki).
I don't know the metrics for the site so can only guess, but as a new player one of the biggest challenges is deciphering what players mean when they describe builds and weapons.
For example, people saying that they:
- Think Hunting Blades is one of the best boons without saying who gives it or what it does
- Prefer Aspect of Nemesis over Poseidon without saying what weapon the aspect is for
- Recommend newbies use the Lucky Tooth without saying which character gives it
To me, it would make sense for Boons to be at the top, followed by Infernal Arms (both might be consulted when researching builds), Keepsakes, House Contractor, Mirror of Night, then Characters. --Replicant94614 (talk) 02:42, 30 June 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks for your input. You're right, it's good practice to have some content links to important or popular pages in the sidebar. I've added some based on your thoughts and the analytics I have (I opted for Zagreus's Room instead of Contractor and Mirror because it links out to both of them). As for your other points, I created redirect pages for the all the boons and aspects to make them more searchable, but the Lucky Tooth page and the Keepsakes page say who gives it so I don't know how that last problem could be helped.
--Mr Pie 5 (talk) 21:28, 1 July 2020 (UTC)